RN Hospital Liaison Admission Manager
2020 Certified Great Place To Work! Outstanding Career opportunity for Centralized Intake / RN Hospital Liaison Admission Manager. Competitive compensation, benefits and care driven excellence.
At Senior Living Properties, we believe everyone deserves a great life, including you. Our commitment is to provide love, attention and optimal care one resident at a time. We realize consistently fulfilling this commitment depends on the success of caring professionals like you, who build their careers with us. Together, we’re setting the standard in the delivery of rehabilitation, quality post-acute services and long-term care. Join us and discover how many lives you can change, including yours.
With Senior Living Properties, your talent will make a difference every day and we will make it count for you!
Career Advantages We Offer:
• Medical, vision and dental insurance
• Employer-paid life insurance
• Paid time off
• Paid holidays
• Flexible schedule
• Long term growth and advancement opportunities
• And more….
- Under the direction of the VP of Sales and Marketing, the Centralized Intake Manager will be responsible for reviewing and approving potential admissions and coordinating admissions and hospital transfers to an appropriate SLP skilled rehabilitation and nursing center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Be responsible for reviewing and approving potential admissions to our skilled rehabilitation and nursing centers.
- Apply your nursing knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for gathering appropriate clinical data to ensure appropriate placement, transfer facilitation, communication, and accurate documentation.
- Work collaboratively with team members ensuring appropriate patient admissions and exceptional customer experience.
- Decides acceptance of patients and coordinates admission process with ADPS and center staff by utilizing the center clinical and financial grids recognizing:
- Referral’s clinical needs;
- Availability of necessary services, programming and clinical competencies;
- Customer insurance and/or financial resources;
- Family and/or responsible party needs; and
- Bed availability
- Coordinates admissions with ADPS and facility personnel
- Efficiently and effectively, work with ADPS who manages all referrals.
- Communicate with Administrators, DON’s, and BOM’s regarding patient care issues, needs and concerns and advise when appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with centers to manage all internal and external patient movements and the allocation of bed assignments.
- Communicate with Administrator and DON if placement of a specific patient will be problematic. Use problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action, which will be satisfactory to the patient, the DON, and the center.
- Make suggestions, and utilize creative thinking and acquired knowledge to assess situations and improve decision-making and action.
- Coordinate transfers from the hospitals to our centers.
- Be responsible for documenting and tracking all referrals, admissions, hospital transfers and transports.
- Assist in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and analyzing of problems for developing and implementing protocols, policies and procedures.
- Follow specific protocols, policies, procedures, and utilize established resources.
- Respond to all referrals with the aid of an electronic database of service profiles, approved clinical protocols and healthcare information.
- Obtains appropriate clinical documentation to support services and/or reimbursement level
- Uses Referral Screening form to screen residents; ensure PASSR is completed upon admission. Obtains accurate information from physicians, patients, and referral sources regarding the expected discharge plan.
- Responds to calls and/ or inquiries ADPS’s regarding potential admissions and respond to these calls within 15 minutes
- Communicates information to ADPS and facility sales/admissions teams, Administrator or Director of Nursing when applicable and helps coordinates patient’s smooth transition into the facility
- Assists potential patients in selecting post-acute placement to Senior Living Properties centers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with referral sources; cooperate and collaborate with referral sources and colleagues.
- Provides VP of Sales & Marketing, Regional Sales Managers, VPO’s, Regional teams and Facility teams with information and feedback from the providers in the territory.
- Adheres to established HIPAA confidentiality standards of patient/resident and client location information
- Assists with generating additional referrals from hospital social services and discharge planning departments, physicians, case managers, insurance companies and new referral sources
- Demonstrates growth in hospital referrals, as reflected in an increase of overall occupancy and quality mix in SLP centers.
- Read and familiarize self with State and Federal Nursing Facility regulations.
- Read and familiarize self with Nursing Facility 5-Star program along with Center ratings and understand how to respond to referral sources/ family members/ potential patients about ratings.
- Stay current and familiarize self with current healthcare and community trends including but not limited to Alternative Payment Models and changes in accounts, competitors or healthcare community.
- Exhibit excellent customer relationship skills including telephone and personal contact with call center customer groups, i.e. physicians and their office staffs, nurses, vendors and fellow employees, etc.
- Establish and maintains a high degree of awareness and knowledge of SLP’s medical staff, services and special programs.
- Maintain composure and customer-centric communication with challenging callers.
- Participates in off hour and weekend on call duty as assigned.
OTHER JOB FUNCTION:
All other duties as required.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS (with or without the aide of mechanical devices):
Walking, reaching, bending, grasping, pushing and pulling, ability to communicate with personnel, ability to read and write, ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions and directions, ability to instruct other staff and ability to travel.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA):
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), signed into federal law in 1996, set national standards regarding security and privacy of a person’s health information.
Our Facility is committed to protecting the privacy, security and integrity of individually identifiable health information received from or on behalf of our employees. The Facility adheres to the highest standards of integrity in the performance of its business and is prepared to maintain compliance with HIPAA and other regulatory requirements by adopting and adjusting policies and processes as necessary. All employees are required to adhere to all HIPAA regulations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.