Temporary Nurse Aide
Nurse aide candidates should register and complete the free “Temporary Nurse Aide” training course available online through American Health Care Association (AHCA) at https://educate.ahcancal.org/products/temporary-nurse-aide.
A free course is being offered to meet the critical staff shortages occurring as a result of COVID-19. Here’s how this works…
- You will need to register and create an account using your name and e-mail address.
- Once you have created your account, you may complete the 8-hour online training course at your pace.
- You will receive on-site training, which will be at the Senior Living Properties’ Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, where you’ll be hired.
- You will be preparing to work as a Temporary Nurse Aide, a temporary position intended to address the current state of emergency.
- Once you have completed all modules, you must take and pass the exam.
- You will then receive a certificate of completion that you can print and show to your hiring nursing center.
Completion of this training is intended to prepare you to provide aspects of resident care that includes:
- Activities of Daily Living
- Oral Care
- Grooming – Shaving and Nail Care
- Dressing and Undressing
- Infection Control and Prevention
- Positioning, Moving, and Restorative Care
- Nutrition and Elimination
- Comfort Care and End of Life Care
For best results using the ahcancalED website, please do the following:
• Use google chrome internet browser and not internet explorer. (internet explorer does not support the bandwidth of the site) • Use a desktop computer • Use a hardwire connection and not Wifi
You need to first create an account here. Next, after being logged in, you can register for the course and the contents will be available to you.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact the Administrator or Director of Nursing at your preferred Senior Living Properties’.
At Senior Living Properties, we believe everyone deserves a great life, including you. Our commitment is to provide love, attention and optimal care one resident at a time. We realize consistently fulfilling this commitment depends on the success of caring professionals like you, who build their careers with us. Together, we’re setting the standard in the delivery of rehabilitation, quality post-acute services and long-term care. Join us and discover how many lives you can change, including yours.